Friday, September 22, 2017

Michael Todd Soniclear Elite Review

It's no secret that I have really, really bad skin. I've dealt with horrible acne since I was in middle school, and have tried almost everything on the market to treat it. One item I've lusted after but haven't been able to justify the cost was a Clarisonic. On July 13th Good Morning America had the Michael Todd Soniclear on the daily deal for $49.99, regular $149.00. I did some quick research and decided that this brush wasn't a cheap knockoff of the Clarisonic and put in my order for a Soniclear Elite in the Leopard Me Purple pattern (because nothing beats animal print!). I also added a Sonic Infuser Head, Shower Caddy in white, and the C35x Retinol Serum because they were all on sale.
Box of Goodies!
When I finally received my order I dove right into the box. I was happy to see that everything was packed securely with plenty of padding. The Retinol Serum was wrapped in bubble wrap and sealed to prevent it from leaking onto anything if it had opened. The box with the Soniclear was wrapped in plastic so if the box had gotten rained on it wouldn't have gotten damaged. Overall, I was pleased with how everything arrived.
Unboxing the Soniclear
Once I opened the Soniclear box I was excited to see that there was an instruction manual included. This manual is on good quality paper and should be able to withstand being referenced heavily while I learn all the features of the brush. The charger is simple to set up and took me only a few seconds to figure out how to charge the brush. One item to note is that I don't believe the brush is extremely secure in the charging cradle. If you were to bump the counter it seems like the brush could slip out of the cradle.
Charging
After using the brush for a few months I can officially say that I don't know how I survived without having a face brush is my daily routine. My skin is clearer, and I feel like I'm actually cleaning my face completely when I wash it. The first three weeks were rough. I didn't see any difference in my skin for the first week, then the next two were full of breakouts. My poor face broke out in areas that hadn't had issues in years, but thankfully these went away quickly. On the fourth week my face settled down and seemed better than normal. I contributed this to hormones and thought about throwing away the brush but couldn't justify just throwing away the money I had spent.
Body Brush, Serum, and Infuser Head
As weeks five and six went on my face surprisingly looked good. There were no new major breakouts and my skin looked brighter. I actually went a few days without foundation which is something I never do during the work week. On week 7 I changed my cleanser and noticed a world of difference. Since then I have only had minor breakouts (which is a huge improvement) and they don't last long. I contribute this improvement to both the new cleanser and the Soniclear brush! I spent the last week without foundation and concealer because I feel like my skin looks great! I would highly recommend the Soniclear to anyone looking to take their beauty routine one step further.
The wonder soap that made all the difference
Pros:

  • Skin feels extremely clean
  • Beeps to let you know when to move to a new section
  • Has multiple speeds so you can customize the cleaning to your current skin condition
  • Includes a body brush that is larger
  • Antibacterial head so you don't have to worry about it getting "nasty" 
  • Easy to clean
  • Waterproof so you can use it in the shower
  • Has several different heads for different skin situations that you can buy. 
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Difficult to tell when the battery is low
  • Not a miracle worker. You need to find the right combination of cleanser and brush speed. 
Overall: I would 100% recommend this to my friends and anyone looking to improve their skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Step, Two Steps, Breathe

"One Step, Two Steps, Breathe." That's the mantra I repeated as I slowly hand walked Cupid around the farm. "One Step, ...