Thursday, January 11, 2018

Steele My Heart 1 Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe that a year ago I was dashing over to the barn on my lunch break to sign Cupid's sales contract.
This past year has been filled with plenty of ups and downs:
We spent hours working on her canter leads.
We stood around working on being quiet for what felt like an eternity.
We went from going around like a drunk, one wheel car, to straight lines and deep corners.
We showed over fences successfully and received our first reserve champion ribbons.
We moved barns.
Started dressage.
Broke down several brick walls and stall panels.
Loaded and unloaded from a trailer quietly.
Worked through a fear of water.
Survived a hurricane (and didn't jump the paddock fence that broke!)
Rode bareback and without stirrups.
And so many other things.
I couldn't have asked for a better partner, and I'm honestly blessed to have found Cupid. Here's to another year of our ever-growing partnership. I can't wait to see where we go and how else this little mare can Steele My Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Step, Two Steps, Breathe

"One Step, Two Steps, Breathe." That's the mantra I repeated as I slowly hand walked Cupid around the farm. "One Step, ...