Saturday, June 13, 2015

New Shoes and New Opportunities

The worst realization that I can have on a training run is that my current shoes need to be replaced. I hate replacing shoes because I never know what my options will be, and I tend to be extremely picky. Unfortunately for me, today my precious Asics of 6 months decided they were done with me. So, off I ran to my local running store to get refitted. Though the girl who assisted me brought out a pair of Brooks which fit amazing and felt amazing, when I put on another pair of Asics I knew these were the right shoe. 

So, now I am the proud owner of these beauties.



While at the store the sales girl suggested that I try out their Half Marathon training program that begins next Saturday. At the moment I am attempting, on my own, to train for the same Half that this program intends on doing. Though I hesitate at spending money on a coach I wonder if this is a better option than training alone. Plus, it would be nice to get to know more runners in my area. 

Currently Reading:
The Season by Sarah  MacLean 
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (re-read)


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Step, Two Steps, Breathe

"One Step, Two Steps, Breathe." That's the mantra I repeated as I slowly hand walked Cupid around the farm. "One Step, ...