Sunday, June 28, 2015

Half Marathon Training Week 1

Somehow I've made it through Week 1 of the Half Marathon Training program I am participating in, and didn't feel like I wanted to die.

My running plan for the week consisted of the following;
Monday: 2 miles
Tuesday: 2 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: Cross Training
Friday: 2.5 miles
Saturday: 4 miles
Sunday: Rest

Because I felt awful on Friday and had a killer migraine I decided to switch Friday's plan with Sundays, so at some point this afternoon I plan on putting in the 2.5 miles.

The group run on Wednesday was interesting to say the least. I might have gone too fast and ended up running with one of the pacers. We kept a great pace that did not follow the run/walk plan, but I was able to really feel like I had worked out properly. My splits could have been better, but I think that the whole run and talk to something thing slows me down.


For the Saturday group run I had another runner in training who ran with me. We did a quick out and back on one of the local bike trails, which I will have to try out once it stops raining here. My biggest mistake with the run was that I had dressed for the weather at my house, not for the weather at the meet up location. It always amuses me how much of a difference there is between two points, 10 miles away from each other.



Overall, I am happy with the program. I just need to learn how to keep my pace more consistent. If I keep up with having splits like these then I feel I will burn out extremely quickly at the actual Half.

Currently Reading:
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
The Strain by Gulillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan
The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Step, Two Steps, Breathe

"One Step, Two Steps, Breathe." That's the mantra I repeated as I slowly hand walked Cupid around the farm. "One Step, ...